Monday, October 8, 2012

Vacation is over, fun time has begun!

I'm baaaaaack! In Novorossyisk, that is!

As I write, I'm sitting surrounded by piles of miscellaneous junk that I can't find room for in Masha's bedroom: velcro rollers, a pack of pens, measuring cups, towels, Halloween decorations and bottles of vitamins, and that's not the half of it.

I arrived in Krasnodar on Saturday, spend the night at my friend Madi's house, then on Sunday three of my very favorite Russians, Andree, Senya and Artur, came to get me and take me to Novorossyisk.  I would have taken the bus back but weeeelllll...I had 100lb of luggage.  Winter stuff is heavy! Not to mention all the other weird things I had to bring, like marshmallows and water bottles.

Now, I'm settling back into the Ivanenko household.  Let me tell you, it's good to be home!  It was great to see Tanya and Ilya and my icky little kitty!  Unfortunatly, Masha has landed in the hospital with some sort of stomach infection, but hopefully is coming home tomorrow.  I'm going to go visit her in a moment.

So now that I'm back, what's on the docket, you ask? Or didn't ask?

     - Find and apartment for me and my cat
     - Begin working on English camp
     - Help Andree with the new youth group that has sprung up out of Logos camp
     - Get my work visa secured

Not a small list if you ask me, but I'm excited to do it all!  It's good to be back in Russia with such a clear sense of purpose.  Once something more interesting happens, I'll let you know!
Пока ребята, Russian Jane

(PS, interested in joining my support team? Shoot me an email at j_blevins_mt@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook, and I'll get you the details!)

No comments:

Post a Comment