Monday, February 25, 2013

Thanks grandma!

Uncle Ilya just got back from a trip that included a swing by grandma's place. In America, when we visit our grandmas, sometimes they sends us home with leftovers or cookies, and we feel pretty lucky. That's cute, America. In Russia, when you visit grandma, she sends you home with liters and liters of pickled vegetables, jams, apples from her tree, and a pallet of flowers for the garden (though I must say, not even a whole pallet of canned tomatoes could make up for a pan of Lois' hot fruit compote or one of Patty's pecan pies!)

Pickles, pickled tomatoes, and pickled peppers (a whole peck!)

Pickled veggies, jam in the small bottles, big bottles of homemade juice

Apples and flowers


Aunt Tanya was excited because Ilya was bringing her flowers; I thought she meant a bouquet!

As exciting as getting canned food from grandma is, even more exciting are some upcoming visits from none other than mom and dad! We spent a few hours on Skype going through the long visa application process, and God-willing we'll meet up in a month in Prague then head over to Russia together! I have to leave to renew my visa, so it was a perfect opportunity for a trip.

No strangers to adventure, these two

I can't tell you how excited I am that they're coming! I'm already ticking down the days. They've never been abroad together, so this will be a whole new adventure for them, but after the blast I had with Wyatt here I'm confident that everything will go great.

Canned goods and good people, that's the life!

In closing, here's my cat chillin' in my shower. What a dummy.

  
Cat's hate water, did you miss the memo?
Пока ребята, Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment