Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dreams come true

I find myself back in Moscow right now, sitting in the apartment/office that I stayed in back in June when my adventure had first begun.  I'm on my way to Prague to get a new visa (my fifth one!) and to do something I could have only dreamed about: bring my parents to Russia.

It's almost been a year already, can you believe it?

I'm spending a couple days in Moscow to make a stop at the American embassy for some passport matters, and on Saturday I'll scurry over the the Czech Republic where my sweet parents will be waiting for me. I don't think that "excitement" quite covers it. I'll get a new visa in Prague (I have to leave Russia to do this) and see the sights with my parents, then we'll come back to Moscow for more touring, then finally to the Black Sea.

Both returning to this apartment and bringing my parents here have given me cause for reflection.  When I look back on where my life has gone since June, I'm amazed.  I came to Russia just one month after graduating college, unsure of where my trip would lead me. I wound up at camp where I found both an amazing group of friends and a family (remember, I met Masha at English camp).  I was then offered a permanent position at Mountain Springs. I've been through three camps, survived a flood and an earthquake, brought my brother here, and am now preparing to introduce the two most important people in my life to this "Russian life" I have.  All I can say is, all glory to God, because even my best plans could not have turned out like this.

In our unfinished kitchen, watching the boys stand on the ceiling using homemade gymnastics rings.  Living the dream.

Tomorrow, after my visit to the embassy, I plan to do some "pre-touring" and make a plan for the parents.  The next couple of days will be so hard, waiting to see them!  I know we're going to have a wonderful time together, I know that they'll love my Russian family and friends, and I know that I'll cry tears of joy when I see them at the gate of the airport in Prague.

My Russian life has been a dream come true so far, and it's only getting better.

Пока ребята, Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment