Sunday, January 26, 2014

Novorossiysk street style

Sometimes things are so bad, they're good.  That's how I feel about most of Russian fashion (thought a lot of the time, it's so bad, it's just bad).  I try to keep some kind of camera on me at all times, because sometimes it's just mind-boggling.  There's a woman in town who looks just like Ursula the sea witch from Ariel, purple hair and all, I kid you not.

I present, for your viewing pleasure, a small sampling of bad winter fashion.  Bundle up, and if your winter ensemble resembling any of these snapshots, you should probably think about changing.

Buy a sweater or receive a beating.

Exactly what kind of animal is that from please?

And this one?  What kind of animal did you say that was?

This poor woman is being swallowed by her giant fox mess.

Just the Soviet Union at Mickey D's, not a big deal.

It's the long military-style coat with the skinny sweatpants that gets me.

A FANNY PACK WORN ON AN ACTUALLY FANNY! ONLY IN RUSSIA!

Three girls in matching heels, two in matching shirts, they were like 10

And my personal favorite, in case any is still looking for Carmen San Diego...

Words written in English but with Russian letters: "fashion is my profession"



 Next time I see something spectacular, I'll be sure the have my camera ready!

Пока ребята,

Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment