Monday, August 6, 2012

Camp around the corner...

Hello friends!

I'm here to report that I don't have much to report, except that CAMP IS COMING!

On Saturday, my buddies Yuri, Semyon (the sassy-pants), Mozart, Andree and I went to visit camp.  Right now, Logos is happening.  There are two sessions, the first for little kiddos and the second for youth.  I'm going to be at the second session, along with Semyon and a few other friends.  We all became buds at English Camp, so I'm excited to work with them again at Logos.

This time around, I'm not going to be a counselor, I'm just going to bop around and help where needed.  And believe me, there is plenty of bopping around to do.  I have no worries about keeping myself busy.

Lucky for me, I'm once again going to have an American to pal around with.  Madi, whose family has been in Russian since the 90's, is going to be there doing media.  She and I were chatty Cathy's last Saturday; it's a real relief to have someone you can really talk to.  When I speak English here, even with people who speak it very well, I don't speak in my own vernacular; as I explain it, I talk like a text book.  So, when I can freely speak my own kooky English with someone, I jump at the chance.

Other than that, things have been pretty normal here.  It's been sweltering hot here but I haven't melted yet; we poured a new cement bridge and did some minor repairs to our ditch; I still teach English.

Just a reminder, if you haven't yet considered making a donation to the Ivanenko family, please do.  We need to get them a car and help them rebuild the neighbor's ditch!  When Ilya rebuilt our fence, he left a little gap so that we could keep talking with our neighbor's and getting to know them; rebuilding this ditch would be another great testimony.

Well, th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!  Thank you for your support and prayers!

Our yard is now a construction site; check out that new green fence!

Our friend (another Semyon) decided he was a cowboy




This is my kitten; I've become a shameless cat-person

Cooking spaghetti; we do manage to have some fun here

I whipped up spaghetti for a cement-pouring party

The cement truck arrived around 11pm

Ilya's brother came to haul the Nissan away; it died an honorable death
This kid's name is Ulysses, his dad helped us with the cement project and when we asked him to smile, this is the face we got. He has a tape measure because he wanted to measure the sky.  Thank you.


Пока ребята, Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment