Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The end of my journey here is a short 10 days away, and I'm so excited to go home I can hardly stand it.  At the same time, I'm already excitedly making plans for when I come back to Novorossyisk.  Here's a breakdown of what I'll be doing when I come back in early October:

The biggest part of my work will be coordination the winter English camp.  This means I'll be writing the curriculum and working to gather a team to come help at the camp (like I did in June!).  I am very excited to take my first crack at organizing something this.  It'll be a big jump from leading English Club to organizing a course, but I'm excited and ready for the challenge!

The Conference Hall at camp

 I can't give too many details about what the theme of winter camp will be, but I can tell you that it involves a lion, a witch, and a wardrobe (hint hint!)
Lets fill these seats!

The rest of my time will be starting up an English club of my own and helping Anya with hers.  Her English club is excellent for advanced speakers, but there isn't much in town for the intermediate range.  That will be me!

The camp director dressed as a communist, accompanied by the camp tractor

And now comes that part where you can step in.  Do you love what's been going on here?  Do you want to help?  Then please consider supporting me regularly through the year 2013.  I will be working at the camp as an employee but will not be making enough to live on, and I need people who are willing to support this work from October to next January when my first year-long work visa will expire (how exciting to not need to leave every three months!)

If you would like to support me, please send me an email at j_blevins_mt@yahoo.com.  Feel free to ask me any questions you have about my work here and the options available for supporting.  I estimate that I'll need $800 per month in support to pay for rent, groceries, transportation, etc.  Thank you for reading my blog and supporting me in your prayers, please consider supporting me through the next phase!

Пока ребята, Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment