Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tourist season is upon us!

Here on the Black Sea, a lot of the economy revolves around "the season", meaning tourist season.  Here, the season starts in May and ends in October.  I don't want to gloat, but yesterday it was 80. 

While Novorossyisk is primarily an industrial port city, the prime location on the Black Sea coast and the closing of Sochi for construction of the Olympic Games have resulted in an influx of vacationers during the summer. 

Mom took this from the front porch in Missoula.  Meanwhile, I was getting my first sunburn of the year.

Of course, my work at camp revolves around the season.  That means that until June, I'll be a busy beaver writing lessons for the English program, planning camp activities, and preparing for the arrival of a team from Simpson University that will brave the month of June with us as our guest native speakers.

These guys are so brave, they have no idea what they're in for.

All that said, happy May Day (a little late) and happy first day of the season!  I hope the weather gets straightened out for you guys, and that you have a beautiful Spring.

I'm headed downtown now to buy myself a fan; it's already unbearable hot in my room!

Пока ребята, Russian Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment